This is a super yummy, healthy, EASY recipe. You can eat it breakfast, lunch or dinner! Versatile in every way..
I present quinoa ~ spinach bake!!
Serves 8 as a side dish
- 1 pound spinach, leaves picked and washed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 1 cup uncooked quinoa), made according to package directions
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive-oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-by-8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with olive-oil spray. Coat with breadcrumbs; set aside.
- Fill a large bowl with ice and water; set aside. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add spinach; blanch until bright green, about 10 seconds. Transfer to ice bath. When spinach is cold, remove from ice bath, squeeze out all water, and finely chop; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add onion, garlic, thyme, rosemary, and red-pepper flakes, and saute until translucent, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add spinach, quinoa, cottage cheese, pepper, and eggs to the onion mixture, and stir until well combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish, and place in the oven. Bake until set and edges are brown, 60 to 70 minutes. Slice, and serve warm or at room temperature.
this was taken from Wholeliving.com.. much appreciated!