This has been my go to salad of late. I make a big batch on the weekends to have on hand to bring to work. You can add a hard boiled egg, tempeh, or any other protein source for extra oomph to get you thru the day! Loaded with good for you ingredients this salad ROCKS!
1 cup dry wheat berries, cook and drain excess water
1 can cannelini beans rinsed
1 cucumber diced
1 red pepper diced
1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
1 sweet potato sliced thin, roasted , diced
3 artichoke heart’s, rinsed and chopped
1 cup fresh parsley chopped
4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
1. 3-1 ration cook wheat berries in water for roughly 1 hour till most water is absorbed and they have “popped” a bit. drain and cool.
2. In large bowl, mix all the diced veggies ( cucumber – scallions). Add the beans stir to combine.
3. In small bowl, mix dressing. (Works really well to mix in food processor if you have one.) Set aside.
4. Once wheat berries are cool stir into the veggies, add dressing. Stir well and season with salt and pepper if you desire.